Sunday, February 7, 2016

Steady going

Colston has been doing great since yesterday. He has been eating a ton and has all the doctors impressed.

We did have a little hiccup this morning. He was extra fussy and ended up throwing up all over himself. We got him all cleaned up and he was still crying.
They suspect that he is having withdrawals from the pain medication and wanted to give him morphine to calm him down. 

I really wanted to see if I could get him to calm down on my own so I got to hold him today for the first time in 3 days. It was amazing but he did cry the whole time. I was heartbroken that I couldn't get him to stop crying so I gave the go ahead to give him morphine. He was asleep in minutes. 

It's been a pretty quiet day since. He has been sleeping most of the day. He woke up and played with his rattles for a little bit and then fell asleep like this...


a toy in each hand. 

Dr. Ciccolo came in this morning to check on him and thinks the chest tube can come out tomorrow. YAY! 

Colston has gone down from 9 medications to 3 and got his neck IV and arterial line out. 

I love seeing them take things away. It just means we are that much closer to going home. 

1 comment: