Friday, February 5, 2016

Off the ventilator

Colston has been off the ventilator since about 4 this afternoon. The doctors and nurses are all surprised and impressed at how well he is doing which in turn makes us very happy parents.


He has been sleeping ever since they pulled the tube out. The nurse said usually babies are crying and fighting by now but Colston is just content. I want him to wake up because I miss his smile and his big brown eyes like crazy but on the flip side, the longer he is sleeping without the ventilator, the better he can heal without us having to strap him down. 


He has also been able to be taken off of four different medications. Yay! 

Like I was saying in one of my earlier posts, this go around is so much harder than last time. I feel like a part of me is missing. I just want him to open his big eyes and laugh and do all his silly faces. 

We will get there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment