Saturday, October 10, 2015

Giving Back

Hey everyone. 

Justin and I have been throwing around a lot of ideas lately on how to give back to the CHD community and raise awareness. 

We have donated some much needed items to the local Ronald McDonald House (and will still continue to do so) but we still want to do more. So I came up with an idea. 

A cookbook.

The cookbook will contain heart healthy recipes that will be submitted by people who either have a child or sibling with a CHD, or even themselves. Along with each recipe there will be a short dedication to their CHD warrior along with a picture of them (if you so choose). The cookbooks will be no more than 100 pages, depending on how many recipes we get, and $25.00.

 75% of the proceeds will go to The Children's Heart Foundation.

I already have a few recipes to add but I need more! They can be for any meal time. 

So fellow heart families, if you have a recipe you would like to add and a CHD warrior you would like to recognize, please e-mail me at j.k.krische@gmail.com 

If you don't have a recipe to add but would still like to recognize a heart warrior, just send an e-mail with the same requirements and I will add it to a recipe I already have. 

Thank you so much!

1 comment: