Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Colston had a great check up at the cardiologist yesterday.

We went two weeks in between appointments this time instead of our usual 7-10 days in between and I have to admit, I was getting a nervous. Luckily, Colston is doing very well. His oxygen sats are still in the high 80's and he weighs 8 pounds 1 ounce now! He gained a whole pound since his last appointment! 

The doctor is so pleased with his weight gain and we no longer have to feed Colston every three hours. We can feed him whenever he is hungry. This was so great to hear because it made me so sad to wake him up when it took so long to get him to sleep. 

The doctor also got paperwork going for our next surgery. That was hard to hear. Obviously we knew it was coming but I can't believe it's approaching so fast. I'm not ready for it, but I don't think I will ever be ready. Colston is much bigger and stronger than his first surgery and I'm happy that the doctor is so confident that he will do well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment