Thursday, July 23, 2015

Welcome to the World Colston James

Colston James is so beautiful!! He was born at 9:56 am and is doing so much better than the doctors thought he would. He doesn't need the ventilator right now because he is breathing so well on his own, but he will probably be on it after the surgery. He weighed 5 pounds 5 ounces and was just over 17 inches long!! 




Justin got to cut the cord too! He was so happy because they told us he wouldn't be able to since they didn't think Colston would be breathing so well. I got to kiss Colston before they took him to run tests and get settled in the NICU.  He was crying until they cleaned him and held him up to my face, then he immediately stopped as soon as our faces touched.  I was crying though.

After that I didn't get to see him until 9 last night. I was having a really bad battle with nausea and they wouldn't let me go until I hadn't thrown up for an hour. The meds were making me really drowsy too so it was hard for me to keep my eyes open for more than a few minutes. 

Colston will be getting the Hybrid procedure at 8 AM tomorrow and then his heart catheter early next week. The surgery should take 2-3 hours. We are nervous but he is such a little fighter, I just know he is going to surprise everyone with how well he does. 

Poor Justin has been running back and forth to the NICU to check on Colston and to me check on me in recovery. I've been working really hard on getting up and moving though so Justin and I got to spend a good amount of time together with him today. The grandparents and Auntie Jessica got to see him today too! 

He was so fussy tonight but as soon as I touched my finger to his hand, he grabbed it and put it to his face and wouldn't let go. 


It's still so hard for me to look at him and know he is mine. He is just too beautiful for words. We probably won't be able to hold him for a few weeks but that's okay, as long as he is safe that's all we care about. 

4 comments:

  1. He is PERFECT! Now you know what true love is in it's purest form. Congrats Momma. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colston is beautiful. Your family has our continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a handsome little man! I am so happy for all of you and will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    Uncle Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Justin and Kayla - Congratulations on your beautiful boy! Colston is living proof of the power of prayer. We will continue to keep him and you both in our prayers. Thank you for the wonderful blog. I don't know where you get the energy to keep up with this. Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete