Wednesday, July 29, 2015

One week already

Colston is a week old already!

He's been doing extremely well breathing on his own. He hasn't had the breathing tube in all day and actually took his pacifier. Now he cries everytime it falls out. He gets that from his mama, she loved her pacifier as a baby.

Justin and I actually felt like parents today. We soothed him to get him to stop crying (which is insanely difficult when you can't pick him up to rock him) and I got to change his diaper everytime. Call me weird, but I actually got excited to get poop on my finger.

We are just waiting on a date and time for his heart catheterization procedure. This procedure is done to make sure blood is mixing properly in both upper chambers of his heart.

A speech pathologist is coming tomorrow morning to see if we can get Colston to take a bottle. The doctors haven't given us any time line on when we get to go home but the biggest factor on being able to go home is Colston eating and continually gaining weight. Cross your fingers he takes the bottle like a champ tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a follower from BBC. So glad Colston is doing well! <3

    ReplyDelete