Monday, January 11, 2016

Hi everyone! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Our was amazing and crazy all at the same time. Justin and I had 3 sets of parents to go see and his work Christmas party so we had prime rib 4 times in a row. We are prime ribbed out! 

Colston did great but you could tell by Sunday that he just did not want to go anywhere. It was a perfect lazy day to end the holiday. Now we are back to reality. 

It's so unreal that we will be back at the hospital in 17 days.

 The surgery date has changed for the third time. Now Colston's heart cath is January 28 and his surgery February 4. 

I look at Colston and I just can't help but think that all the doctors are wrong. He doesn't need a second open heart surgery (and eventually a third) because he is perfectly healthy. There's nothing wrong with him. He has a perfectly working heart.  As with many heart kiddos, you would never know there was anything wrong with Colston if it wasn't for the scar that runs from his neck to just above his belly button. 



He is your typical curious 5 month old baby. He's so close to rolling over and he LOVES his jumper. He goes crazy in that thing!




I'm probably going to jinx myself by saying this, but Colston also doesn't cry when he gets his echo's anymore. He is always smiling at the doctor and doesn't try to wiggle himself out of my arms. 



This is all we have to report right now. I have to start making my list of everything we need to pack for Vegas and get things squared away up here. We are so lucky to live close to family. It is such a big help knowing our house and animals will be taken care of while we are gone. It's one less thing to worry about. 

I will update once we get to Vegas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment