Monday, May 4, 2015

Surgery went great!

          Yay!! The doctor's say the surgery could not have gone any better. I have quite a few poke marks where they tried but couldn't get the right angle to Colston. They had to poke through my anterior placenta twice but thankfully only him once. 
      
         They got proper blood flow in the valve immediately. Now, we won't know if this prevented him from getting HLHS right away, it will take some time and we might not even know until he's born but this mama is feeling so good about everything right now.

          I was an absolute wreck going in the the OR room. I was crying as I kissed Justin goodbye and could not stop shaking as the doctor gave me the epidural but thankfully the meds they pushed through my IV relaxed me immediately.  There was a nurse talking to me throughout the whole procedure, constantly asking how I was doing and updating me on the progress.  She was a life saver.

         They will be doing another echocardiogram tomorrow to check on his heart and make sure the valve is still doing good.  They will also be monitoring me a little more. Even though I didn't feel them, the nurse said I was having contractions and if I had more than 5 in an hour they would give me meds to stop them. Thankfully I only had 3 contractions. 

         I am so thankful and blessed that this went as good as it possibly could have. Colston still has a long road ahead of him and today was his first step on that road, but today he showed us just how strong he is. 

        Daddy and I love you little man.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that surgery went well. I am looking forward to meeting Colston. The power of prayer is truly amazing.
    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete