Saturday, December 5, 2015

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted. I am so sorry! 
Life has been hectic this holiday season!

Colston had his first turkey day



 and he turned 4 months!



He now weighs 11 pounds. The cardiologist is very pleased with his weight gain. We now no longer have to worry about him not being big enough for his next surgery. 

Speaking of his next surgery,  I am waiting for the phone call from the doctor's in Las Vegas to schedule his next surgery for January. 

Part of me is completely dreading it (of course) but then another part of me just wants to get it done and over with.

His stent has been looking a little narrow the last couple of visits which the cardiologist said is to be expected because he is getting bigger. His oxygen sats have also gradually been getting lower every visit as well. Hopefully after his next surgery they even out. 

I have already packed away the clothes that don't fit Colston anymore, which are his preemie and newborn size clothes. It was so bittersweet. I am happy that he is growing but it is just too fast! The next thing we know he will be graduating high school!


We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We will update soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla!,

    My name is Alyssa and my husband and I live in Ohio. I came across your blog during a search for more information on heart babies. I knew I had to reach out to you when I saw several similarities in our journeys. I am currently in my 21st week of pregnancy. We had our anatomy scan last week and found out we are expecting a baby boy! He will also be our first child. However, my regular OB seemed to think there was a possible problem with his heart. We weren't given very much information but we have our echocardiogram tomorrow morning so we will have more news then, praying for good! Just like you and Justin, my husband and I met online. Our little one will also have the middle name James :) Colston is so precious and I could stare at those big eyes all day!! I would love to just be able to support one another and keep in touch with updates and any questions. My email address is alyssakoza09@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete